Saturday, March 21, 2009

The blue light . . .

First, go read MotorCop's blog about the Oakland officers.

Now, after reading that earlier it reminded me about something I read before I was in law enforcement. http://www.officer.com/web/online/Editorial-and-Features/Project-Blue-Light-Remembers-Fallen-Officers/19$27409
I have that blue light, it is a little light sensitive LED one I got cheap at Wal-Mart. Every time I shut my lights off to go to work at night it comes on. For me it serves a dual purpose. One, it reminds me of the friends I've buried, and the ultimate sacrifice of so many of our brothers and sisters. Two, it reminds me that I never walk alone. Even in the darkness that blue light burns bright. In the blackest times I can reach out to my brothers and sisters.

Always tell your friends and family you love them. I hug people, and I end many a phone conversation with "I love you buddy."

Heroes Live Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment