Thursday, October 22, 2009

We're a law enforcement agency, and you have warrants . . .

Some things never cease to amaze me. Case in point: You have warrants. You know about these warrants. Other people know about these warrants. Yet you still come to visitation day at the sheriff's office. You still present your state issued ID to the COP who is running visitation. How are you shocked when you get arrested for outstanding warrants?

"Like, I so did not think you could arrest me while I'm visiting my boyfriend."
"You do realize that this jail is part of the sheriff's office."
"Yeah, but that's like so not cool. Can't you like arrest me when I'm done out in the parking lot?"

I'm a cop, you have warrants, this is a sheriff's office. What did you think we would do?

3 comments:

  1. RULE ONE: PEOPLE ARE MORONS.

    Just keep telling yourself this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting...is it standard practice to run all visitors for warrants and etc? I'm only a civilian and I never knew this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our agency does not run people NCIC because it would take hours with all the visitors. At our department when we enter your info to start the visit on the video system, warrants held by our agency pop up. For us warrants held by certain cities and other places will not show. I'm not really sure what other jails do . . . I know we arrest quite a few people this way.

    ReplyDelete