Thursday, January 1, 2009

"Alleged" law breakers and other things I snort derisively at.

My all time favorite Sgt. is infamous for the use of the word "alleged" at work. Sarge's comments about "alleged" drug dealers and "alleged" law breakers are some of the only things that make the night bearable.
I swear if I have to hear one more "I'm innocent, the cops trumped up the charges" story this week I'm going to pull my hair out. Look, I don't really want to book you in. The cop that brought you here is seriously annoyed because we're busy and he's waiting in line. We both have better things to do than charge you with random things that we have to look up section codes and do paperwork on. Believe me, even if doing better things only means eating our 4am dinner in peace.
Tonight one of my illustrious coworkers decided that it was mean that we have an inmate isolated and on administrative segregation. Her reasoning? "I don't think he understands what he does, he must get really agitated in that cell all by himself. He only gets to come out an hour a day and he doesn't have anyone to talk to." Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Perhaps our friend should have thought of that before he assaulted a CO and turned into an assaultive idiot that threatens to kill us every shift. Excuse me Sarge, "alleged" assaultive idiot.
Sometimes I just want to come home from work, shut off my phone, sleep all day and do nothing all night. Wait, who are we kidding here? That's every day. In fact, I think that's what I'm going to do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment