Sunday, August 22, 2010

Moving on . . .

Yesterday I reached one of the hardest decisions of my life, to go ahead and move on from my beloved SO. Work has been so bad lately that people are quitting with no other job to go to. The current status can only be explained as "dark." There will probably be yet another round of layoffs to bring the total to an even 100.
This is not the department that hired me. This is not why I became a cop. They announced there will be no promotional exam for patrol in 2011, there has not been one since 2008. This is now my fourth year in the jail. I remember when work was fun and people cared about each other there.
As one friend leaves for state law enforcement, I lay flowers on an other's grave. It's time to move on. I started updating my resume yesterday, my first choice is city law enforcement followed by the state investigative division.
I never wanted to leave this place but it's time to move on to bigger and better things.

4 comments:

  1. I wish you the bst! It's never easy leaving but when cities and towns across America begin to see the crime rates soar and the deaths from accidents and human hands rise, maybe they will come to see that without enough of YOU there can be no safe harbor for THEM. Good luck and stay safe!
    GIa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!! Sometimes we have to move when we don't want to. But everything works our how it is supposed to in the end.

    xx
    Jaxs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck in the search. I totally get that feeling, when the time is up, it is up.

    ReplyDelete