Friday, June 19, 2009

News from the front lines . . .

So after a vacation at the lake and week or so of pursuit driving, parking and general driving a Crown Vic around I am back. I am happy to report I did not total anything, have it catch on fire or hit anyone. Pretty exciting for me, and probably my instructor.
Quote from my passenger during pursuit turns: "Look out cones!!! Their plastic life just flashed before their eyes."
Almost done with this damn academy. Thank God. I just sat through our mandatory "first aid" section. I felt a little over qualified, and pretty bored.
One of the better moments of first aid was definitely the childbirth video. The guys that got up and left the room will never live that down. . .
Living the dream at the FD tonight, hopefully we're quiet. But you all know better.

1 comment:

  1. I am sitting in a small cabin at a campground right now. I took off a couple of days to relax and be with family. I remeber the 40 hour high speed - high stress course. It was a blast to get to tear up some asphalt and cones. I do hope you have a relaxing night at the FD.

    ReplyDelete